Chef Manager | Fern Pit Café and Ferry | Newquay
We have an opening for a Chef Manager at Fern Pit Café in Newquay, Cornwall.
Established in 1910, the Café is a family run business located on East Pentire overlooking the scenic River Gannel and Crantock Beach. With access to a ready supply of shellfish caught by our own fishing vessels, we are famous for our crab sandwiches and lobster salads, and our menu range also includes, breakfasts, cakes and light lunches. Fern Pit Café has developed a longstanding reputation for its spectacular views and traditional food, which we hope the successful candidate will continue to build upon in the future.
The café’s unparalleled position on Pentire, with access to the coast path and its own low-water foot bridge and ferry to Crantock beach, makes it a popular destination for locals and walkers, as well as holidaymakers. The café has 50 covers inside and a further 40 covers in the beautiful tea gardens, and also caters for take-away customers.
Building on our already well-established reputation we are looking for someone who can take the lead for our kitchen team;
- Be responsible for the hiring and training kitchen staff
- Overseeing staffing rotas and organisation
- Developing menus
- Stock control, ordering and pricing
- Maintaining excellent health and hygiene standards
- To work alongside the Front of House Manager for smooth running and operation of the café.
The café operates on a seasonal basis, currently from May to September. The salary is negotiable, depending on experience, based on 48 hours per week, and must be willing to work weekends. It is preferred that the successful candidate will be employed on a returning basis each season.
- Ideally available to start in the next 2/3 weeks
- An energetic and enthusiastic individual, who is committed to delivering high quality food with excellent customer service
- Relevant previous experience in the food industry
- Level 3 Food Hygiene Certificate for supervisor/manager
- Up-to-date knowledge of UK Food Hygiene and Health & Safety regulations.
- Outstanding team-working and inter-personal skills
- Ability to work independently with initiative and creativity.
- Well-organised, motivated, flexible and reliable
- Excellent numeracy and administration skills
- Full Driving License
- Experience in catering for events
Please apply in writing to email@example.com
We have vacancies for other seasonal staff. Full and part time hours available for the right candidates. Opening hours are 10am to 6pm. No evenings but weekends will be required. Experience preferred.
If you would like to work as part of our team in a beautiful setting.
Please contact us to arrange an interview.
We open early May 2018.
For applications in writing please email: firstname.lastname@example.org